This is one of my favorite quotes “When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt.” by Honore de Balzac who was a French novelist and playwright. You know deep within yourself that you shouldn’t make self-doubt bother you, but it’s a sneaky thing. Sometimes, you just can’t contain it and it slips past your barriers and self-doubt is greedy. When it’s loose, it devours your confidence, strips logic and reason from your mind, and steals happiness from your heart. In return, it leaves you with only fear and insecurity.
These are some steps that can help
- Set goals. When you set goals, you have control.
- Recognize when you achieve your goals, so that you will build your confidence.
- Consider reasons you fail. Everyone fails to achieve some goal, but if you learn from the failure, you will be more likely to succeed in the future.
- Use realistic expectations to judge your success. You can judge your success by looking at the gap between where you are and where you want to be. This perspective helps you gauge what remains to be done.
- Listen to critics, but never let them convince you that you are less than you are. Some critics will tear you down to make themselves look bigger and better, while others will offer critical advice to help you make changes to improve yourself.
- Give your time and energy to others. When you do this, you will get positive feed back and respect from others. These are building blocks for self respect...which is essential to believing in yourself.
- Don't give up on your dreams, goals or aspirations for you never know how right they truly are until you put them into action.
- Believe in yourself and you will do your best. Believing in yourself is the key to success in life.
In : People